Wireless Sensor Networks
Wireless Sensor ModulesThe use of wireless sensors offers benefits in many areas of application. SenTec Elektronik is working on solutions for wireless sensor networks and offers IEEE 802.15.4 compatible radio modules.
Wireless Sensor Network Technology:
- Based on standard IEEE 802.15.4
- 2.4 GHz ISM band, license free operation
- 16 channels with intelligent frequency agility
- Direct sequence spread spectrum technology
- High noise immunity and interference avoidance
- +10dBm transmit power and -96dBm sensitivity
- Radio link distance up to 1000m in free space
- Distance can be extended by the use of routers
- Up to 64 wireless nodes per network
- Star and cluster tree network topologies
- Easy to install, self-configuring network
- Failsafe monitoring of every network node
- Several networks can co-exist in the same area
- Configurable transmission interval: 100ms - 1h
- Handshake for guaranteed data delivery
ZEBRA StarterkitZEBRA (ZigBee Enabled Board for Radio Applications) is a radio module for wireless connectivity, sensor networks, IEEE 802.15.4 and ZigBee. The module is based on the ZRP-1 chip set of Freescale Semiconductor, works in the 2,4 GHz ISM band and enables wireless connections with a distance of 10 to 30 meters in buildings.
The shielded module has dimensions of only 16 x 33 mm and contains the baseband processor, the RF-IC and a chip antenna. Therfore, nothing else than the supply voltage is required to start working. The module is equiped with a 50-Pin HIROSE receptacle and can be integrated in embedded applications. Alternatively, a version with a BGA SMT footprint is available.